Wednesday, December 4, 2013

How I make the wood floor

Cut a tree down, preferably a sustainable harvest.

 I had some grevilia robusta trees, a semi hardwood about 40 years old.  I took a few out.

 Hire someone to cut the logs into lumber. Next time I will use the guys who do it by manual 2 meter saw. This time it was chain saw. too much loss, too uneven
Movie cutting logs by pit method. Very cool
run the boards throw a shaper to plane to uniform thickness
then they look something like this
Then rip with this table saw


Then I cut the strips into 50cm lengths

1 comment:

  1. I'm usually to blogging and i really recognize your content. The article has actually peaks my interest. I am going to bookmark your website and keep checking for brand spanking new information.fall protection equipment

    ReplyDelete