I hope to try a few features:
- insulation with old olive oil bottles, Amarula bottles, etc
- Some insulation with sawdust in clay
- heated up with rocket stove
- oven sitting on a groined brick vault
- possible a timbrel groined vault over the oven.
- Later i will also use for baking pottery.
The base is 160 x 180 cm. I plan diameter of the dome oven to be 100cm. the rest is 12cm dome, 10cm insulation , 7 cm protective dome. Some space on the hearth side.
Dickson has trained half dozen masons doing the primary school project in Dar.
The cross vault completed. Note re bar coming up in corners for the pillars
Used under fired bricks for vault, and over fired elsewhere. both are not normally sell able.
Family thought the lower part is the oven.
re bar around the outside in the joint.
re bar extends out of pillars.
Now to level the top of vault. draw the base circle . build insulation layer in circle, layer of smooth bricks, and so on.